SharePoint - Configuring IE to remember SharePoint Password
Sometimes a user may get tired of having to constantly enter their username/password when accessing a SharePoint site. By adding the SharePoint site to your "Local Intranet" zone, one can have Internet Explorer remember login credentials. Here are the steps:
- 1. Go to Control Panel
- 2. Go to Internet Options
- 3. Click the "Security" tab
- 4. Click "Local Intranet"
- 5. Click "Sites"
- 6. Click "Advanced"
- 7. Add your SharePoint site into the "Local Intranet" zone.
- 8. Click OK to confirm on all Internet Options screens.
- 9. Open up Internet Explorer and go to your SharePoint site. When prompted for username/password make sure you enter your credentials and check "Remember My Password".
- 10. Your username/password should now be passed to the SharePoint site automatically.
Contact Global Infonet for all your SharePoint needs.
Posted at 5/31/2011 7:28:00 AM by : Global Infonet Inc. |